Recipe for pancakes with Arzúa cheese and quince
- Recipe for pancakes... with Arzúa cheese!
- Recipe for pancakes with Arzúa cheese... and quince!
- Arzúa cheese and quince pancakes. GALICIAN CUISINE.
- Things to keep in mind when making the recipe for pancakes with Arzúa cheese and quince
- Do you think you're going to burn yourself when turning with your fingers?
It's simple, easy, traditional, but also delicious, today we have Arzúa cheese and quince pancakesmy father's favorite dessert, well, it was served because he liked it but we all enjoyed this delicious tradition.
Recipe for pancakes... with Arzúa cheese!
In Galicia we have a few emblematic cheeses, the Arzúa Ulloa PDO cheese. It is one of the ones I like the most and if we accompany it with quality quince such as the one from Santa Teresa the only one on the market made with fresh fruit we already have a delicious and incomparable dessert. To make the quince in Santa Teresa, they only use the “tenderloins” of the fruit, discarding the central part where the seeds of the fruit are, which is why its texture is so perfect. It is 100% natural, without preservatives or artificial additives.
Recipe for pancakes with Arzúa cheese... and quince!
I like to do quince at home but not every year I do it, what if I tell you and you can believe me that if I don't have quince made by me, the only one that enters my house is the one from Santa Teresa. Now my husband takes it without sugar because it is there, without exceeding the limit but just in terms of sugar analysis and the only one that suits him is the sugar-free version of quince from Santa Teresa, something that I appreciate because I do not know how to make quince without sugar.
The pancake + cheese + quince combination is wonderful, incredible and exquisite.
Arzúa cheese and quince pancakes. GALICIAN CUISINE.
- 550 milliliters milk
- 200 milliliters of water
- 6 eggs
- 250 gram. sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon of lard HERE diluted or 20 g. Of olive oil
- 1 CDTA Salt
- A piece of Iberian bacon or olive oil to paint the pan.
- quince, (with and without sugar, with nuts, and spreadable)
- arzua cheese
Melt the tablespoon of butter in the microwave at low temperature. Booking.
Mix (better with a mixer) the eggs and add the liquids, the butter (melted and cold or almost), the salt and the sifted flour in several batches until you obtain a liquid, homogeneous mixture without lumps. You can also put everything together in the jar of your blender and simply mix.
Let the mixture rest for half an hour so that the ingredients are perfectly integrated.
Put a frying pan or filloeira on the fire, let it take temperature and grease it by passing a piece of bacon pierced with a fork or painting it (with a silicone brush) with olive oil.
Next, pour a ladle of dough over the pan or filloeira, grab the pan by the handle and with it in your hand make quick and rotating movements so that the dough is well distributed throughout the pan.
You put the pan back on the fire and a few seconds later the edges will begin to come unstuck, so with another quick movement you grab it with your fingertips and turn it over, 30 seconds and that's it, go to a source and continue until finish the dough
Prepare a platter with pancakes folded in 4, Arzúa cheese cut into small wedges and sliced quinces. It serves
Things to keep in mind when making the recipe for pancakes with Arzúa cheese and quince
- Traditionally the first pancake is for the cook, it doesn't usually turn out very well, but it helps us to taste the point of salt.
- It is not necessary to pass the bacon or brush with oil after each pancake, I usually pass the fat every 4 pancakes made or with this new filloeira, only the first and second time.
- Once you find the right point of temperature of the fire, it is already sewing and singing. Try not to burn them but to take a pinch of color.
Do you want to make these stew broth pancakes? you just have to substitute the liquids for broth.
- You can prepare the source with the pancakes, the cheese and the quinces, cover it with film and have it ready for the moment you bring it to the table.
Do you think you're going to burn yourself when turning with your fingers?
Well, no, or just a little :). It's a fast movement, so you won't even notice and it won't give you time to burn. enjoy these Galician pancakes with cheese and quince!