Portuguese cod pizza recipe
No one would say no to this question because it doesn't matter what time of day or year someone asks that question, a Pizza always fancy and if we learn to make them at home we can prepare them in a thousand different ways.
What do we need to make Portuguese cod pizza?
To make a Pizza at home we only need flour, water, baker's yeast and olive oil. From there you can make different dough recipes, from those that just need a little while to put them in the oven to those with a more refined flavor that require a minimum of 24 hours to ferment slowly in the fridge. Choose the mass of Pizza that you want or suits your needs.
To me this is one Pizza which I find delicious, but if changes are not your thing, then you can click on other PIZZA RECIPES that are published in this blog where you will surely find something else to your liking.
Why do we make a cod pizza?
The cod brings together millions of faithful and my family is no exception, although the Cod Portuguese we love him Cod with cream I repeat it often because my oldest son loves it. Vigil stew or chickpeas with cod my house is never absent during Easter and also a couple of times a year, however the rice farmers in my house adore above all the Rice with chickpeas and cod and it is not for less, for that reason today, our Pizza have cod among its ingredients
You can see the video of this recipe on my Instagram.
Portuguese cod pizza
Pizza has become one of the foods that most fans congregate and today we are going to tune it up and turn it into a dish halfway to Portuguese cuisine.
- 1 baking stone
- 1 baking tray
- 500 gram bread flour
- 4 gram dry baker's yeast or 12 g fresh yeast
- 10 gram hallway
- fifteen gram extra virgin olive oil
- 300 gram of cold water.
- 1/4 of green pepper and another 1/4 of red pepper.
- 1 your spring onion
- 100 gram cod, desalted, cooked and flaked
- 3 cda extra virgin olive oil
- 100 gram passatta tomato
- pinch Salt
- pinch black pepper
- pinch oregano
- 200 gram mozzarella (or other cheese that melts well)
- 4 or 5 sheets fresh basil
- Cut the onion and the peppers into julienne strips and fry in a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. It is advisable to leave it a little "al dente", add the tomato passatta and the desalted and crumbled cod. Let it cool
- Pour the flour into a bowl, add the yeast, half the water, mix with a pastry scraper, add the rest of the water and continue mixing.
- Add the salt and continue kneading. Place the dough on the counter and knead vigorously.
Add the oil and knead until integrated. Ball the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.Recover the dough, and knead and fold between 5 and 7 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Recover the dough again, knead lightly and divide into two balls of similar size.
- Grease two plastic bags with a little oil, store the dough balls in each of the bags, close and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours (it can also be 2 to 5 days)
- After 24 hours, you can make the 2 pizzas or if, as in my case, you only make one, slightly degas the other and store in the fridge.
- Turn on the oven to 250º with heat up and down and put a baking stone inside. (if you don't have, use your baking tray)
- Pour the dough for the pizza you are going to make, knead lightly and stretch with the tips of your fingers first and then on your fists.
- Arrange the dough on parchment paper, cover with the sauce, mozzarella and oregano and place in the oven preheated to 250º. At this time place a tray under the stone and pour a glass of water to generate steam.
- Bake between 18 and 20 minutes (depending on your oven)
- With the pizza out of the oven, drizzle with a fine thread of olive oil and sprinkle with fresh basil
What tomato sauce to use the Portuguese cod pizza?
You can use the tomato sauce that you like the most, lately I am using the PASSATA sauce (from Mutti) and I like it because it "wets" the dough a little and that benefits it. This sauce is sold in all large supermarkets (CARREFOUR, ALCAMPO, EL CORTE INGLÉS)
What cheese to use for this Portuguese pizza recipe?
If you prefer to use mozzarella, as it is a cheese with a lot of water, you can add it at the same time as the sauce, thus giving time for the water to evaporate. If it is a cheese like tetilla cheese that melts so quickly, it is better to put it just a few minutes before the end of baking. Here you can see how to make and stretch the pizza dough on video: If you are in a hurry and cannot afford the time it takes to cold-proof dough, I invite you to see THIS RECIPE for dough in 30 minutes.
To enjoy Portuguese style cod pizza
Leave a Reply